Sunday, June 9, 2013

April-May-June and a humbling bus ride.

Well time flies when you start another new job.
 
I started another new job at the beginning of April, it is pretty intense but
I really like it. I am selling Commercial, Auto, Home and Life Insurance.
 
The past three months have consisted of Chad having a girlfriend and
breaking up with her. We loved her. :(

His headaches are better kind of.
We are in the process of getting him signed up for College.
 
We hope his head will let him go, he will be taking sign language and another class.
This will be good so he can get better at sign language.
 
 
Last week I was riding the bus to work and a deaf lady got on the bus.
She ran her bus pass through the reader.
It didn't ding which is what happens
when the pass is accepted by the reader.
 
The bus driver tried to get her attention but she did not hear him, another
passenger got her attention and she walked back up and ran her
card through the reader again.
 Then she sat down and her friend said she couldn't see the
streets where she was sitting I know this because I can read some sign language.
So she moved and then when it was their stop they got off the bus.
I realized that unlike most others if your deaf you can't
hear the bus driver call out the street names.
 
I was humbled by this experience.
My life is and has always been easy. I have no right
to complain.
 


No comments: