Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's done! ABI installed and tested well :)

Hi all,
We are in the hospital here @ Swedish.
Chad got out of the ICU at about 1 pm this afternoon.
 
He is doing well.
His Dr. wants him up and about.
More time in the Chair than in the bed.
He hurts alot .
They took the cochlea out and the Cochlear implant out.
 
Taking the cochlea out left a gap in his head.
So they took some fat from his stomach
and put it in his head. He thought
that they should take some from his butt so he could literally be a "Butthead".
 
He also had a question "If you are what you eat then I am drugs,
If I am drugs why don't I have alot of girlfriends who are
already addicted to me?"
 
So his sense of humor is not absent through this.
 
That is my update. Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Donna Copp said...

I love his sense of humor and am so thankful his surgery appears to be a success. I hope this will also take care of his awful headaches and occasional dizziness. I just want him to feel good, so he can enjoy life and not feel discomfort. I know his hearing won't be perfect, but so thankful that there will be a little. Love you guys and will pray he has an easy recovery!!