Thursday, March 15, 2012

Counting down....

 When Chad was on his mission in Michigan and getting
ready to come home, he said
 "Mom don't count down the days, it's too hard for me".
I said I am not a counter! I can't stand waiting!
 I like to be busy times goes by faster.

Well.... I am trying NOT to count how many days till Chad has brain
surgery. It's too hard to think about what comes after the surgery.

Chad is doing ok, he has moments that he can't hear anything at all.
Those are hard for him, they happen at least once a week.
Daily he says we need to speak up because he can't hear
what we are saying. He has ringing in his ear with the small tumor
daily. Sometimes it keeps him awake at night.

The idea that post surgery he could be deaf is something that
he is realizing is a possibility.

I am so grateful for our sign language teacher. She is strict, funny and
pushes us hard. She said as much at class tonight.
She said we were doing great, that we had a great family and
that she was pushing us hard.

I am so grateful to my other children, friends family,
and my husbands staff all for being so supportive.
We couldn't get through this without them.

 I am also so grateful that winter qtr is over! 


No comments: